Humorous Quotes attributed to Charlie Chaplin
1889-1977, British Clown, Comic Actor, Director and Filmmaker
- A day without laughter is a day wasted.
- Acting is ninety-nine percent sweat and one percent talent. But that talent had better be good.
- Action is more generally understood than words.
- All I need to make a comedy is a park, a policeman and a pretty girl.
- Failure is unimportant. It take courage to make a fool of yourself.
- I hate the theatre, I also hate the sight of blood, but its in my veins.
- I have no further use for America. I wouldn't go back there if Jesus Christ was President.
- I remain just one thing, and one thing only - and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician.
- I went into the business for the money, and the art grew out of it. If
people are disillusioned by that remark, I can't help it. It's the truth.
- . . . If you step off the curb with your left foot, they accuse of being a
- In the end, everything is a gag.
- It seems our laws are always telling us what not to do - are always keeping us from enjoying ourselves.Human beings are made just as much for having fun as goose-stepping and sweating in factories.
- Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain.
- Life can be wonderful if you're not afraid of it. All it needs is courage,
imagination. . . . and a little dough.
- Life is laughter when seen in a long shot, but it is a tragedy when seen in
- Meeting people formally is like viewing a house without going inside.
- The saddest thing I can imagine is to get used to luxury.
- To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always
- To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it!
- Wars, conflict, it's all business. One murder makes a villain. Millions a
hero. Numbers sanctify.
- Words are cheap. The biggest thing you can say is 'elephant'.
Have you checked out
this super collection?
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here