Humorous Quotes attributed to Dolly Parton
1946- , American singer, and actress
- Early next morning I boarded a Greyhound bus with my dreams, my old guitar,
the songs I had written, and the rest of my belongings in a set of matching
luggage – three paper bags from the same grocery store. ~ My Life and Other
- Home is anywhere I hang my hair. ~ Interview with Mix's Nashville editor
- I do wear wigs. Someone once threatened to pull my hair, and I said, “Lord,
some woman in Hong Kong will scream bloody murder.” ~ My Life and Other
- I look just like the girls next door... if you happen to live next door to
an amusement park.
- I tried every diet in the book. I tried some that weren’t in the book. I
tried eating the book. It tasted better than most of the diets. ~ My Life
and Other Unfinished Business
- I wanted to be the first woman to burn her bra, but it would have taken the
fire department four days to put it out.
- I was the ultimate nightmare for a fundamentalist Christian out to save
souls. I was a kid with her own opinions. ~ My Life and Other Unfinished
||A Message for Burt Reynolds...
There was a scene at the end of the movie where Burt as Sheriff Ed Earl, had to pick me up and carry me. They waited to shoot that scene last, and it was a good thing they did. The cameras rolled, Burt picked me up, and I could hear him groan. I was a real porker at the time, probably the heaviest I have ever been. Naturally, being the movies, they had to shoot the scene a few times, and each time Burt groaned a little louder. The week after the shooting ended, Burt was checked into a hospital to undergo a double hernia operation. I am told he had been having problems prior to that, but I still couldn’t help feeling a little responsible. So if anybody ever asks me if I broke Burt Reynold’s heart, I have to say honestly that the damage was a little further south. Forgive me, Burt. I hope they’re still working.
~ My Life and Other Unfinished Business
- I'm not offended by dumb blonde jokes because I know that I'm not dumb. I
also know I'm not blonde.
- It costs a lot to make a person look this cheap. ~ My Life and Other
- Johnny (Carson) got a huge laugh when he pretended to be fixated by my
bosoms for a while and finally said, “I’d give a week’s pay to look under
that shirt.” ~ My Life and Other Unfinished Business
- The big question in everybody’s mind is, “Have you had your breast worked
on?” Let’s just say that some of Dr. Grossman’s work has been very
uplifting. People were always saying to me, “Show me your boobs,” and I got
tired of having to pull my skirt up to do it. ~ My Life and Other Unfinished
- The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
- When I was twelve, those body parts that were destined to become my calling
card in life and the reference point for many a joke by late-night talk-show
hosts were already well in evidence. ~ My Life and Other Unfinished Business
Have you checked out
this super book?
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here