Humorous Quotes from
So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish
By Douglas Adams
- He had read somewhere that the Eskimos had over two hundred different words for snow, without which their conversation would probably have got very monotonous.
- The storm had now definitely abated, and what thunder there was now grumbled over more distant hills, like a man saying ‘And another thing...’ twenty minutes after admitting he’s lost the argument.
- The cheery quality of Ford’s voice was beginning to grate on the barman’s ears. It sounded like someone relentlessly playing the kazoo during one of the more somber passages of a War Requiem.
- Ford flipped the switch which he saw was now marked ‘Mode Execute Ready’ instead of the now old-fashioned ‘Access Standby’ which had so long ago replaced the appallingly stone-aged ‘Off’.
- Arthur watched it go, as stunned as a man might be who, having believed himself to be totally blind for five years, suddenly discovers that he had merely been wearing too large a hat.
- He shook his head sharply in the hope that it might dislodge some salient fact which would fall into place and make sense of an otherwise utterly bewildering Universe.
- He looked a lot like something a farmer would use to scare birds with.
- Will came out, wearing a leather flying jacket that he’d got a mate of his at the Road Research Laboratory to crash a car into specially, in order to get that battered look.
- It was next to a battered old television on which it was only possible to watch Open University Study Courses, because if it tried to show anything more exciting it would break down.
- There is a feeling which persists in England that making a sandwich interesting, attractive, or in any way pleasant to eat is something sinful that only foreigners do.
- It is by eating sandwiches in pubs on Saturday lunchtimes that the British seek to atone for whatever their national sins have been.
- The appallingly permed woman was waving to them across the room like some stupid bird with a broken wing.
- This is flight 121 to Los Angeles. If your travel plans today do not include Los Angeles, now would be the perfect time to disembark.
- This is the rock solid principle on which the whole of the Corporation’s Galaxy-wide success is founded – their fundamental design flaws are completely hidden by their superficial design flaws.
- There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler’s mind.
Have you checked out
this super book?
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here