Humorous Quotes about
Fools / Foolishness
- This is the day (April Fool's Day) upon which we are
reminded of what we are on the other three hundred and sixty-four. ~ Mark
- The first of April, some do say
Is set apart for All Fool's Day;
But why the people call it so
Nor I, nor they themselves, do know,
But on this day are people sent
On purpose for pure merriment.
~ Poor Robin's Almanac (1790)
- If a million people believe a foolish thing,
it is still a foolish thing. ~ Anatole France
- There is a foolish corner even in the brain of the sage.
- Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it. ~
- Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise.
~ Cato the Elder
- Silence is foolish if we are wise, but wise if we are
foolish. ~ Charles Caleb Colton
- The mistakes of the fool are known to the world, but not
to himself. The mistakes of the wise man are known to himself, but not to the
world. ~ Charles Caleb Colton
- A common mistake that people make when trying to design
something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete
fools. ~ Douglas Adams
- Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will want to use
it. ~ George Bernard Shaw
- You don't have to fool all the people all of the time;
you just have to fool enough to get elected. ~ Gerald Barzan
- There are more fools in the world than there are people.
~ Heinrich Heine
- Nature makes only dumb animals. We owe the fools to society. ~ Honore De Balzac
- Take all the fools out of this world and there wouldn't be any fun living in
it, or profit. ~ Josh Billings
- Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side? And
ain't that a big enough
majority in any town? ~ Mark Twain
- Let us be thankful for the fools; but for them the rest
of us could not succeed. ~ Mark Twain
- If you send a damned fool to St. Louis, and you don't
tell them he's a damned fool, they'll never find out. ~ Mark Twain
- If all the fools in this world should die, lordly God
how lonely I should be. ~ Mark Twain
- The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that
the lightning ain't distributed right. ~ Mark Twain
- Ah, well, I am a great and sublime fool. But then I am
God's fool, and all His work must be contemplated with respect. ~ Mark Twain
- Wise people are foolish if they cannot adapt to foolish
people. ~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne
- Fortune, seeing that she could not make fools wise, has made them lucky.
~ Michel Eyquem De Montaigne
- Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they
have to say something. ~ Plato
- Nature, it appears, has been rather more bountiful to Paulís body and purse than to his intellect; above the ears, speaking bluntly, the boy is strictly tapioca. ~ S.J. Perelman(Most of the Most of S.J Perelman)
If you had learnt French and its getting rusty
you're in the same boat as us.
Join us as we share jokes, funny poems etc
(along with help files) and row hard ;!
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here