Humorous Quotes attributed to Friedrich Nietzsche
1844-1900, German Philosopher
- A letter is an unannounced visit, the postman the agent of rude surprises. One ought to reserve an hour a week for receiving letters and afterwards take a bath.
- Christianity makes suffering contagious.
- Existence really is an imperfect tense that never becomes a present.
- Fanatics are picturesque, mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reasons.
- For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication.
- He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.
- Idleness is the parent of psychology.
- In Heaven all the interesting people are missing.
- Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.
- Is man one of God's blunders or is God one of man's blunders?
- It is always consoling to think of suicide: in that way one gets through many a bad night.
- It is obvious that all sense has gone out of modern marriage: which is, however, no objection to marriage but to modernity.
- Love is a state in which a man sees things most decidedly as they are not.
- Many a man fails as an original thinker simply because his memory it too good.
- Not by wrath does one kill, but by laughter.
- One may sometimes tell a lie, but the grimace that accompanies it tells the truth.
- One must learn to love oneself with a wholesome and healthy love, so that one can bear to be with oneself and need not roam.
- The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
- The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.
- The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously.
- The small force that it takes to launch a boat into the stream should not be confused with the force of the stream that carries it along: but this confusion appears in nearly all biographies.
- The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.
- Two great European narcotics, alcohol and Christianity.
- We have art in order not to die of the truth.
- When one has not had a good father, one must create one.
- Woman was God's second mistake.
- You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
Have you checked out
this neat item?
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here