Humorous Quotes attributed to Heinrich Heine
1797-1856, German Poet, Critic
- Experience is a good school. But the fees are
- God will forgive me. It's His job.
- Great genius takes shape by contact with
another great genius, but, less by assimilation than by friction.
- I fell asleep reading a dull book and dreamed
I kept on reading, so I awoke from sheer boredom.
- I have never seen an ass who talked like a
human being, but I have met many human beings who talked like asses.
- If the Romans had been obliged to learn
Latin, they would never have found time to conquer the world.
- It is extremely difficult for a Jew to be
converted, for how can he bring himself to believe in the divinity of -
- It must require an inordinate share of vanity
and presumption, too, after enjoying so much that is good and beautiful on
earth, to ask the Lord for immortality in addition to it all.
- Oh, what lies there are in kisses.
- One should forgive one's enemies, but not
before they are hanged.
- Ordinarily he was insane, but he had lucid
moments when he was merely stupid.
- Talking and eloquence are not the same: to
speak and to speak well are two things. A fool may talk, but a wise man
- The Bible is the great family chronicle of
- The fundamental evil of the world arose from
the fact that the good Lord has not created money enough.
- The weather-cock on the church spire, though
made of iron, would soon be broken by the storm-wind if it did not
understand the noble art of turning to every wind.
- The Wedding March always reminds me of the
music played when soldiers go into battle.
- There are more fools in the world than there
- True eloquence consists in saying all that is
necessary, and nothing but what is necessary.
- Whatever tears one may shed, in the end one
always blows one's nose.
- You cannot feed the hungry on statistics.
this neat poster...
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here