Humorous Quotes attributed to John F Kennedy
1917-1963, 35th President of the United States
- A police state finds that it cannot
command the grain to grow.
- Dante once said that the hottest places
in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain
- Do you realize the responsibility I
carry? I'm the only person standing between Richard Nixon and the White
- Forgive your enemies, but never forget
- I believe in an America where religious
intolerance will someday end ... where every man has the same right to
attend or not attend the church of his choice. (address to the
Ministerial Association of Greater Houston, Sept 12, 1960)
- I do not think it entirely inappropriate
to introduce myself to this audience. I am the man who accompanied Jacqeline
Kennedy to Paris, and I have enjoyed it. (While saying goodbye to his
hosts after Jacqueline had charmed all of France including De Gaulle with
her fluent French on their visit to France.)
- I don't think the intelligence reports
are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times.
- I got where I am by not trusting
experts. But this time I put all my faith in the experts and look what
happened. (To Ted Sorensen, after the Bay of Pigs fiasco)
- I just received the following wire from
my generous Daddy - "Dear Jack, Don't buy a single vote more than is
necessary. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for a landslide."
- I know there are some Republicans and
some Democrats who say that they have now developed a wonderful arrangement
in Washington. The congress is Democratic and the President is Republican
and nothing happens, and isn't it wonderful?
- I leaned across the asparagus and asked
her for a date.
- I think this is the most extraordinary
collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered
together at the White House, with the possible exception of when Thomas
Jefferson dined alone. (at a dinner honoring Nobel Prize winners of the
Western Hemisphere, the White House, April 29, 1962)
- I'm not going to appoint ambassadors on
the basis of campaign contributions.
(In a subsequent speech) Ever since I said that, I haven't gotten a
single cent from my father.
- It might be said now that I have the
best of both worlds. A Harvard education and a Yale degree.
- It was absolutely involuntary. They sank
my boat. (answering a little boy on how he became a war hero)
- Just think what my margin might have
been if I had never left home at all. (commenting on the fact that he had
campaigned hard in Alaska and lost but won Hawaii handily without visiting
- Khrushchev reminds me of the tiger
hunter who has picked a place on the wall to hang the tiger's skin long
before he has caught the tiger. This tiger has other ideas.
- Let's not talk so much about vice. I'm
against vice in any form. (To a friend who was telling him that he could
be vice-presidential candidate in 1960)
- Let us never negotiate out of fear. But
let us never fear to negotiate.
- Look at that, I have a total fiasco and my poll ratings go up. What am I
going to do to get them up further?
For all kind of
JFK Related stuff.
From his speeches, to books on him. From commemorative stamps and coins
to notes in his or Jackie's handwriting.
All being auctioned at ebay. To check what
treat lies waiting for you today ...
- Mothers all want their sons to grow up
to be president, but they don't want them to become politicians in the
- Mr. Nixon, like the rest of us, has had
his problems in this campaign. At one point even the Wall Street Journal was
criticizing his tactics. That is like the Osservatore Romano criticizing
- My brother Bob doesn't want to be in
government - he promised Dad he'd go straight.
- The day before my inauguration President
Eisenhower told me, ''You'll find that no easy problems ever come to the President of the United States. If
they are easy to solve, somebody else has solved them.''
- The great enemy of the truth is very
often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived, and dishonest -- but the myth --
persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.
- The pay is good and I can walk to work.
- This nation has tossed its cap over the
wall of space, and we have no choice but to follow it. (at the dedication
of the Aerospace Medical Health, Center, San Antonio, Texas, Nov 21, 1963)
- We have the power to make this the best
generation of mankind in the history of the world or to make it the last.
- We must use time as a tool, not as a
- When we (The Democrats) got into office,
the thing that surprised me most was to find that things were just as bad as
we'd been saying they were.
- You don't fire God. (about his reluctance in replacing Herbert Hoover as
Director of the FBI)
Have you checked out
this super book?
Have you checked out
this super book?
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here