Humorous Quotes attributed to
Miguel De Cervantes
1547-1616, Spanish Novelist, Dramatist, Poet
- Absence -- that common cure of love.
- Alas! all music jars when the soul's out of tune.
- By such innovations (Slang) are languages enriched, when the words are adopted by the multitude, and naturalized by custom.
- Every man is as heaven made him, and sometimes a great deal worse.
- Good painters imitate nature, bad ones spew it up.
- Hold you there, neither a strange hand nor my own, neither heavy nor light shall touch my bum.
- I drink when I have occasion, and sometimes when I have no occasion.
- I do not say a proverb is amiss when aptly and reasonably applied, but to be forever discharging them, right or wrong, hit or miss, renders conversation insipid and vulgar.
- I never thrust my nose into other menís porridge. It is no bread and butter of mine; every man for himself, and God for us all.
- It is the part of a wise man to keep himself to-day for to-morrow, and not to venture all his eggs in one basket.
- Love and war are the same thing, and stratagems and policy are as allowable in the one as in the other.
- Man appoints, and God disappoints.
- My grandma (rest her soul) used to say, ''There were but two families in the world, have-much and have-little.''
- Proverbs are short sentences drawn from long experience.
- Sancho Panza by name, is my own self, if I was not changed in my cradle.
- Spare your breath to cool your porridge.
- That which costs little is less valued.
- The most difficult character in comedy is that of the fool, and he must be no simpleton that plays that part.
- There are men that will make you books, and turn them loose into the world, with as much dispatch as they would do a dish of fritters.
- There is a remedy for all things but death, which will be sure to lay us out flat some time or other.
- There's no taking trout with dry breeches.
- 'Tis the only comfort of the miserable to have partners in their woes.
- True valor lies between cowardice and rashness.
this cool item...
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here