Humorous Quotes attributed to
1769-1821, French General, Emperor
- A Constitution should be short and obscure.
- A throne is only a bench covered with velvet.
- An order that can be misunderstood will be misunderstood.
(Should Murphy's Laws be renamed Napolean's Laws ? :-)
- Doctors will have more lives to answer for in the next world than even we generals.
- Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
- History is a set of lies agreed upon.
- If you wish to be success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing.
- In politics... never retreat, never retract... never admit a mistake.
- In politics, an absurdity is not a handicap.
- Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Public opinion is the thermometer a monarch should constantly consult.
- Secrets travel fast in Paris.
- Ten persons who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.
- The best way to keep one's word is not to give it.
- The French complain of everything, and always.
- The only victory over love is flight.
- We must laugh at man to avoid crying for him.
- When I want any, good head work done; I always choose a man, if possible with a long nose.
- You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
- You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your tricks of war.
Don't play CHESS
without the right settings...
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here