Humorous Quotes from The Odd Couple
1968 Movie written by Neil Simon
Starring Walter Matthau & Jack Lemmon
- David Sheiner : Hey, you wanna do me a really big favor? Smoke towards New Jersey.
- Herb Edelman : How many cards you got, four?
Larry Haines : Yes, Murray we all have four cards. When you give us one
more, weíll all have five. If you gave us two more, weíd all have six.
Understand how it works now?
- Walter Matthau : Yes, I finally got your letter. It took three weeks. Next
time you tell Mommy to give you a stamp . . . . I know, but you're not
supposed to draw it on.
- Walter Matthau : Life goes on even for those of us who are divorced, broke and sloppy.
- Walter Matthau : Heís got ninety-two credit cards in his wallet. The minute
something happens to him America lights up . . . .
- Walter Matthau : Thatís what she said. He was going out to kill himself. He
didnít want to do it at home Ďcause the kids were sleeping.
- Herb Edelman : A suicide telegram? Who sends a suicide telegram?
Walter Matthau : Felix, the nut, that's who! Can you imagine getting a thing like that? She even had to tip the kid a quarter.
- Walter Matthau : Not with Felix. I know him. Heís too nervous to kill
himself. He wears his seat belt in a drive-in movie.
- Walter Matthau : Howís he gonna kill himself in the john?
Herb Edelman : What do you mean, how? Razor blades, poison, anything thatís
Walter Matthau : Thatís the kidís bathroom. The worst he could do is brush
his teeth to death.
- Jack Lemmon : . . . Twelve years of marriage . . . down the drain.
Walter Matthau : Drains can be fixed. Thatís why they have plumbers.
- Walter Matthau : (about how tense Jack Lemmon is) Look at this. The only man in the world with clenched hair.
- Walter Matthau : Ahh, thereís my pussycat. Come here, darling.
For a tip tonight, Iím gonna leave you the key to my apartment.
Iris Adrian : Is it informal or can I bring my husband?
- Walter Matthau : Those are the facts, Felix. Youíve got to face it. You
can't spend the rest of your life crying. It annoys people in the movies.
- Jack Lemmon : You can't leave dirt like this all night.
Walter Matthau : Itís been here three weeks, itíll keep fresh until the
- Jack Lemmon : Where are we going to have dinner?
Walter Matthau : Anywhere you say. Chinese? Italian?
Jack Lemmon : You mean a restaurant? The four of us? Itíll cost a fortune.
Walter Matthau : Weíll cut down on laundry. We wonít wear socks on Thursdays.
- Jack Lemmon : In other words, you're throwing me out.
Walter Matthau : Not in other words. Those are the perfect ones.
Do you have this classic
in your collection?
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here