Humorous Quotes attributed to Pete Rose
1941- , American Baseball Player, Manager
- Am I still in uniform? Then I ain't retired.
- Doctors tell me I have the body of a 30-year-old. I know I have the brain of a 15-year-old. If you got both, you can play baseball.
- (Don) Gullett's the only guy who can throw a baseball through a car wash and not get the ball wet.
- I don't play like a 40-year-old, and I don't think like a 40-year-old. I
guess that's because I'm 41.
- I haven't missed a game in two-and-a-half years. I go to the park as sick as a dog and, when I see my uniform hanging there, I get well right now. Then I see some of you guys (media) and I get sick again.
- I was born on the day Lincoln was shot and the Titanic sank.
- I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball.
- I'm no different from anybody else with two arms, two legs, and 4,200 hits.
- It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
- It's easy to practice something that you are good at, and that is what most people do. What's tough is to go out and to work hard on the things that you don't do very well.
- I've got a 15-year old son and a 10-year old daughter, and if they were
going to do one of the following things: be an alcoholic; be a drug
offender; beat their wife or husband; or gamble. I hope they would gamble.
- My goal is 3,000. If I can play 150 games for the next five years, Iíll reach 3,000 on July 16, 1977...no, make that 1978. (In an 1972 interview)
- Playing baseball for a living is like having a license to steal.
- Sliding headfirst is the safest way to get to the next base, I think, and
the fastest. You don't lose your momentum, and there's one more important reason I slide headfirst, it gets my picture in the paper.
- Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose.
- Sure I do, and if someone paid you six-thousand dollars a game, you'd have fun as well.
- There is an old saying that money can't buy happiness. If it could, I would buy myself four hits every game.
- With the money I'm making, I should be playing two positions.
Have you checked out
this super book?
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here