Humorous Quotes attributed to Rita Mae Brown
1944- , American Author
- A deadline is negative inspiration. Still, it's better than no
inspiration at all.
- As a woman, I find it very embarrassing to be in a meeting and
realize I'm the only one in the room with balls.
- As to whether you can write a mystery or not, I don't know but
it helps to have a cat.
- Computer dating is fine, if you're a computer.
- Education is a wonderful thing. If you couldn't sign your name
you'd have to pay cash.
- Everything is easier for cats, seeing as how they are smarter
than humans. Should you doubt this, I ask you: Have you found someone to put
a roof over your head, allow you to commandeer the best seat in the house,
feed you on time and tell you ad nauseum how beautiful and wonderful you
- For you to be successful, sacrifices must be made. It's better
that they are made by others but failing that, you'll have to make them
- Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience
comes from bad judgment.
- Had the hospital not been nearby I would have been born in a
manger. Perhaps I came into the world knowing Jesus had already done that,
and since he suffered for all of us I saw no reason to be redundant. (Rita
- I am a comic writer, which means I get to slay the dragons,
and shoot the bull.
- I am a Virginian, so I might call a spade a delving instrument
in the interest of preserving harmony and a more productive conversation.
- I believe in a lively disrespect for most forms of authority.
- I believe the true function of age is memory. I'm recording as
fast as I can.
- If Michelangelo had been a heterosexual, the Sistine Chapel
would have been painted basic white and with a roller.
- If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle.
- If there aren't animals in heaven, I'm not going.
- Lead me not into temptation; I can find the way myself.
- Moral passion without entertainment is propaganda, and
entertainment without moral passion is television.
- Most people recognize their duty in time to avoid it. (The
tail of the Tip-Off)
- My lesbianism is an act of Christian charity. All those women
out there praying for a man, and I'm giving them my share.
- One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.
- Real comedy is not to be confused with humor. It is a
- The best advice I can give aspiring writers is, learn Latin.
You don't know English if you don't know Latin and language is your tool.
- The biggest scalawag can quote a little bit of Scripture in
this part of the world. Some of them even wind up on television.
- The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but
- The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four
Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three
best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
- What you will also discover, should you publish your life
story, is that libel laws are so strict that there's a great deal you can't
say even if you witnessed it. (Rita Will)
- Writers will happen in the best of families.
- You can't be truly rude until you understand good manners.
Have you checked out
this super autobiography?
If you had learnt French and its getting rusty
you're in the same boat as us.
Join us as we share jokes, funny poems etc
(along with help files) and row hard ;!
Check out Rita's
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here