Humorous Quotes attributed to Robert F Kennedy
1925-1968, US Senator, Attorney General
- Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it. (in the last speech he gave)
- He knows all the facts, and he's against all the solutions. (referring to Daniel Patrick Moynihan)
- How do you tell if Lyndon (Johnson) is lying? If he wiggles his ears, that doesn't mean he's lying. If he raises his eyebrows, that doesn't mean he's lying. But when he moves his lips, he's lying.
- I am the only candidate opposed by both big business and big labor!
- I asked my children and they voted ‘yes’ by 4 to 3 with 2 abstentions. (Answering a 7 year old's query "Do you take good care of your children?”)
- I came from a family that has always emphasized and enjoyed sports – golf, tennis, football, baseball, and the rest. Last year, for instance, we did considerable running.
- I had a nice meeting with the President this week. We talked about a cease-fire, escalation, and prospects of negotiations for peace. (Pause) And he said when I come back next time we might talk about Vietnam.
- I have a speech which it is my responsibility to give, and you have a responsibility to listen to it. And if you finish before I do, let me know. (To a student audience)
- I want to assure you that we do not make a practice of calling reporters at two or three o’clock in the morning. But, to tell the truth, when I get called at two or three in the morning by a reporter from the Associated Press – and it happens – I am not too sure it wouldn’t be a good idea!
- I was sick last year, and my friends in the Senate sent me a get-well card. The vote was 42 to 41.
- It would be terrible if the Department improves while I'm gone. (As Attorney General to his top aides before a short trip)
- My views on birth control are somewhat distorted by the fact that I was seventh of nine children.
- One-fifth of the people are against everything all the time.
- Only those who dare to fail greatly, can ever achieve greatly.
- President Johnson once said to me, ‘Go west, young man.’ I thought he was trying to tell me something, because I was in California at the time.
- She (a Mother Superior) said she had been praying to St. Jude for me. I thanked her – then asked somebody who St. Jude was. I learned that he is the patron saint of impossible causes.
- The advice 'bomb them back to the Stone Age' may show that the speaker is already there himself, but it could, if followed, force all of us to join him.
- There are people in every time and every land who want to stop history in its tracts. They fear the future, mistrust the present, and invoke the security of the comfortable past which , in fact, never existed.
- Thomas Jefferson once said that he cared not who made a country’s laws, so long as he could write its newspapers. If this Congress goes on much longer, I'd rather be in the newspaper business, too.
- We had a friendly audience with Pope John. . . He blessed us all, including the American newspapermen who were traveling with us, most of whom were not Catholics. He assured them that it was just a little blessing and wouldn’t do them any harm.
- We spent part of our honeymoon here and have had ten children since, so I guess I learned something! (To a group of students at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah.)
- When Mr. Khrushchev reported that the Cosmonauts – like the Bolshevik pilots of the early twenties – reported seeing ‘no signs of god,’ we can only suggest that they aim – with the rest of mankind – a little higher.
Have you checked out
this super cd?
If you had learnt French and its getting rusty
you're in the same boat as us.
Join us as we share jokes, funny poems etc
(along with help files) and row hard ;!
Palez vous Francais? Pour les blagues et poèmes français, visitez notre BLOG
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here