Humorous Quotes attributed to Sammy Davis Jr.
1925-1990, American Actor, Singer, Dancer
- Being a star has made it possible for me to get
insulted in places where the average Negro could never hope to go and get insulted.
- Fame comes with its own standard. A guy who
twitches his lips is just another guy with a lip twitch - unless he's Humphrey
- I don't mean to say I was sniffing up half of
Peru, in truth I wasn't a heavy hitter. (Sammy - An Autobiography)
- I fought clean, dirty, anyway I could win. They
were the ones who started the fights and I didn't owe them any Queensberry
rules. (Sammy - An Autobiography)
- I loved my country not so much for anything it
had given me, but for the most fundamental reason: it was mine. (Sammy
- An Autobiography)
- I wanta go on record that I ain't belongin' to
nothing that's called a clan.
- I'm a colored, one-eyed Jew - do I need anything else? (in answer
to the question "what's your handicap?")
- I've done some things I wish I could erase. . .
. I invented mistakes.
- I would have been here earlier, daddy-ohs, but
the hotel clerk in London forgot to wake me.
- I'm sorry to interrupt but my funeral's in half an hour. (Interrupting a
young comedian who was introducing him as a dinosaur from the vaudeville era)
Sinatra? Sure he's the leader, but he's your leader. My leader is Martin
You name it and I've done it. I'd like to say I did it my way. But that
line, I'm afraid, belongs to someone else.
Have you checked out
this super book?
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here