Humorous Quotes attributed to Samuel Goldwyn
1882-1974, American Movie Producer,
Founder of several Movie Studios
- A bachelors life is no life for a single man.
- A producer shouldn't get ulcers; he should give them.
- A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.
- Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined.
- Can she sing? Sheís practically a Florence Nightingale.
- Color television! Bah, I won't believe it until I see it in black and white.
- Don't pay any attention to the critics - don't even ignore them.
- Gentlemen, listen to me slowly.
- Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
- Go see it, and see for yourself why it shouldn't be seen.
- I don't think anybody should write his autobiography until after he's dead.
- I hate a man who always says ''yes'' to me. When I say ''no'' I like a man who also says ''no.''
- I never put on a pair of shoes until I've worn them at least five years.
- If I could drop dead right now, I would be the happiest man alive.
- In two words im-possible.
- Our comedies are not to be laughed at.
- Pictures are for entertainment, messages should be delivered by Western Union.
- Spare no expense to save money on this one.
- The harder I work the luckier I get.
- The reason so many people turned up at his funeral is that they wanted to make sure he was dead. [on his longtime friend and partner, Louis B. Mayer]
- The scene is dull. Tell him to put more life into his dying.
- They stayed away in droves.
- True, Iíve been a long time making up my mind, but now Iím giving you a
definite answer. I wonít say yes, and I wonít say no ó but Iím giving you a
- When I want your opinion I will give it to you.
- Why should people pay good money to go out and see bad films when they can
stay home and see bad television for nothing?
- You are going to call him William? What kind of a name is that? Every Tom, Dick, and Harry is called William.
- Youíve got to take the bull between your teeth.
Have you checked out
this kewl collection?
If you had learnt French and its getting rusty
you're in the same boat as us.
Join us as we share jokes, funny poems etc
(along with help files) and row hard ;!
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here