Humorous Quotes attributed to Woodrow Wilson
1856-1924, 28th President of the USA
- A conservative is a man who just sits and thinks, mostly sits.
- A conservative is someone who makes no changes and consults
his grandmother when in doubt.
- A non-entity with side-whiskers (on Chester A Arthur)
- By 'radical,' I understand one who goes too far; by
'conservative,' one who does not go far enough; by 'reactionary,' one who
won't go at all.
- Every man who takes office in Washington either grows or
swells, and when I give a man an office, I watch him carefully to see
whether he is growing or swelling.
- Harding is incapable of thought, because he has nothing to
think with. (on Warren G Harding)
- He combined great gifts with a great mediocrity. (on
Ulysses S Grant)
- I have a reputation amongst most of my kin and certain of my
friends for being irrepressible, in select circles, as a maker of grotesque
addresses from the precarious elevation of chair seats ... (in a letter
to Ellen Louise Axson)
- I have long enjoyed the friendship and companionship of
Republicans because I am by instinct a teacher, and I would like to teach
- I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can
- If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the
face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
- If a man is a fool, the best thing to do is to encourage him
to advertise the fact by speaking. It cannot be so easily discovered if you
allow him to remain silent and look wise. But if you let him speak, the
secret is out.
- If I am to speak ten minutes, I need a week for preparation;
if fifteen minutes, three days; if half an hour, two days; if an hour, I am
- If you think too much about being re-elected, it is very
difficult to be worth re-electing.
- If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
- Never murder a man who is committing suicide.
- One cool judgment is worth a thousand hasty counsels. The
thing to do is to supply light and not heat.
- The use of university is to make young gentlemen as unlike
their fathers as possible.
- The trouble with the Republican party is that it has not had a
new idea in 30 years. I am not speaking as a politician; I am speaking as a
- The way to stop financial joy-riding is to arrest the
chauffeur, not the automobile.
- There are blessed intervals when I forget by one means or
another that I am President of the United States.
- What's the use of wasting good serviceable indignation on him?
(on Theodore Roosevelt)
If you had learnt French and its getting rusty
you're in the same boat as us.
Join us as we share jokes, funny poems etc
(along with help files) and row hard ;!
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here