Humorous Quotes attributed to Abraham Lincoln
1809-1865, Sixteenth President of the USA
- Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them.
- How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg?
Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.
- I am rather inclined to silence, and
whether that be wise or not, it is at least more unusual nowadays to find
a man who can hold his tongue than to find one who cannot.
- I don't know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know
what his grandson will be.
- I happen temporarily to occupy this big White House. I am living witness that any one of your children may
look to come here as my father's child has.
- I have stepped out upon this platform
that I may see you and that you may see me, and in the arrangement I have
the best of the bargain.
For all kind of
Abraham Lincoln stuff.
From Lincoln books, posters and photos to Lincoln Ghost stories. Even a Lincoln
All being auctioned at ebay. To check what
treat lies waiting for you today ...
- If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?
- It is said an Eastern monarch once charged his wise men to invent him a
sentence to be ever in view, and which should be true and appropriate in all times and situations. They presented him the words: "And this, too, shall pass
- My experience has taught me that a man who has no vices has damned few virtues.
- Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
- No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar.
- Tell me what brand of whiskey that Grant drinks. I would like to send a
barrel of it to my other generals.
- The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly.
- Whenever I hear any one arguing for
slavery I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.
Have you checked out
this super book?
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here