“If winning weren’t important, nobody would keep score.”
– I think what he’s trying to say is, winning can be an important motivator in many areas of life, but I also think it’s important to focus on the process and the journey rather than just the end result.
“Life is what you allow yourself not to see.”
– This quote speaks to the idea that our perception of the world around us is shaped by our own biases and limitations. I think it’s a reminder to stay open-minded and challenge our assumptions in order to see things more clearly.
“I come from New York where, if you fall down, someone will pick you up by your wallet.”
– This quote seems to suggest that people in New York are selfish and only care about money. While there may be some truth to that stereotype, I don’t think it’s fair to paint an entire city or region with such a broad brush.
“The nicest thing about coaching is that one day you feel like you can play handball against a curb, and on other days you feel like you can fly to the moon.”
– This quote speaks to the highs and lows of coaching, and the fact that it can be a very rewarding but also challenging job. I think it’s a testament to the resilience and perseverance required to be a successful coach.
“When I’m losing, they call me nuts. When I’m winning, they call me eccentric.”
– This quote touches on the idea that success often changes how people perceive us. I think it’s a reminder to stay true to ourselves and not worry too much about others’ opinions.
“I had my moment on the stage. The trick in life is to know when to leave.”
– This quote speaks to the idea that it’s important to recognize when it’s time to move on from a particular phase or chapter in our lives. I think it’s a reminder to stay self-aware and be willing to make changes when necessary.
“We rush for the stars as we crawl toward our graves.”
– This quote touches on the idea that our time on earth is limited, and that we should make the most of it by striving for greatness and pursuing our dreams. I think it’s a reminder to stay ambitious and not settle for mediocrity.