“I don’t feel old. I don’t feel anything till noon. That’s when it’s time for my nap.”
– This quote is a humorous take on aging and the need for rest. While it may not be true for everyone, many people do find that they need more rest as they get older.
“When we recall the past, we usually find that it is the simplest things – not the great occasions – that in retrospect give off the greatest glow of happiness.”
– I think this quote is spot on. It’s often the small moments in life that we remember most fondly, not the big events. It’s a good reminder to appreciate the little things in life.
“You know you’re getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.”
– Another humorous quote about aging. It’s true that as we get older, we may become more aware of the cost of things, but this quote also highlights the importance of celebrating our birthdays no matter how old we get.
“I have a wonderful make-up crew. They’re the same people restoring the Statue of Liberty.”
– This quote is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but it’s also a testament to the importance of having a good team around you. Whether it’s a make-up crew or a group of friends and colleagues, having supportive people in your life can make all the difference.
“You never get tired unless you stop and take time for it.”
– This quote is a clever twist on the idea of taking breaks and rest. It’s true that we all need to take breaks and recharge, but this quote reminds us that sometimes we need to actively make time for rest in order to feel refreshed and energized.
“I love to go to Washington – if only to be near my money.”
– This quote is a humorous take on the idea that money makes the world go round. While it’s important to be financially stable, it’s also important to remember that there are other things in life that are equally, if not more, valuable.
These are some famous quotes from Bob Hope.