Humorous Quotes attributed to Charles Barkley
1963- , American Basketball Star
- (Asked about the time he put on
a Superman cape and tried to fly at age 7) Off the back of a truck.
Didn't go too far. Fell on my head. Superman got a concussion.
- I don't create controversies. They're
there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.
- I got pulled over when I was behind the
wheel of a Porsche in Philly once for what we call DWB - Driving While
Black. (I may be wrong but I doubt it)
- I like to help poor people who got no
chance. If rich people don't, who will? Not other poor people, that's for
- I miss America. I miss the crime and
murder. I miss Philadelphia. There hasn't been a brutal stabbing or anything
here the last 24 hours. I've missed it. (During his stay in Barcelona for
- I think the biggest problem is parents are so
concerned with being friends with their kids. You're not their friend.
You're their parent.
- If I weren't earning $3 million a year
to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other
direction if they saw me coming.
- In certain parts of Philly sometimes you
feel you're being subjected to the Klan without the sheets. (I may be
wrong but I doubt it)
- Kids are great. That's one of the best
things about our business, all the kids you get to meet. It's a shame they
have to grow up to be regular people and come to the games and call you
- I am not a role model. I am paid to
wreak havoc on the basketball court. Parents should be role models. Just
because I dunk a basketball doesn't mean I should raise your kids.
- I got superstar treatment. Every else
got bologna and water. I got bologna and milk. (on the 4 hrs he spent in
a Milwaukee jail)
- I was asked for years about being a
Republican, probably because most black people are Democrats. My mother
heard it once and called me and said "Charles, Republicans are for the
rich people." And I said, "Mom, I'm rich." (I may be wrong
but I doubt it)
- If the politically correct police ever
came into a professional locker room ... Oh my God ... we could start World
War III every day in there. (I may be wrong but I doubt it)
- I don't how anybody taller than 6-4 can sit in those seats. And the airline
executives don't give a damn 'cause they never walk back there in the first
place. I don't fly first class because I have a lot of money. I do it
because I need the room. (I may be wrong but I doubt it)
- My initial response was to sue her for
defamation of character, but then I realized that I had no character.
- Poor white people and poor black people
just don't know how much they have in common. Rich people don't give a damn
about either group. (I may be wrong but I doubt it)
- Thank God
for Jerry Springer's show. I thought only black folks were that screwed up
until I watched Jerry Springer.
- The only difference between a good shot
and a bad shot is if it goes in or not.
- These are my new shoes. They're good
shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like
me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you
have shoes like me. That's it.
- What does politically correct mean? If
you're fat, don't ask me if you're fat, because I'm gonna tell you the
truth. You're fat.
- When I speak to kids I tell them,
"Hey, you think your parents are a pain in the ass now, but they're
going to get smarter as you get older."
- You know it's going to hell when the
best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Have you checked out
this super book?
Have you checked out
this super book?
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here