Humorous Quotes attributed to
Ralph Waldo Emerson
1803-1882, American Poet, Essayist
- A man of genius is privileged only as far as he is genius. His dullness is as insupportable as any other dullness.
- A man's library is a sort of harem.
- For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.
- I pay the schoolmaster, but it is the school boys who educate my son.
- If I cannot brag of knowing something, then I brag of not knowing it; at any rate, brag.
- If you shoot at a king you must kill him.
- Is not marriage an open question, when it is alleged, from the beginning of the world, that such as are in the institution wish to get out, and such as are out wish to get in?
- It is said that the world is in a state of bankruptcy, that the world owes the world more than the world can pay.
- Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.
- Many might go to Heaven with half the labor they go to hell.
- Nothing astonishes people so much as common sense and plain dealing.
- One of the benefits of a college education is to show the boy its little avail.
- Solvency is maintained by means of a national debt, on the principle, ''If you will not lend me the money, how can I pay you?
- Some books leave us free and some books make us free.
- The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.
- The True Artist has the planet for his pedestal; the adventurer, after years of strife, has nothing broader than his shoes.
- The wonder is always new that any sane man can be a sailor.
- There is this to be said in favor of drinking, that it takes the drunkard first out of society, then out of the world.
- There never was a child so lovely, but his mother was glad to get him asleep.
- We are too civil to books. For a few golden sentences we will turn over and actually read a volume of four or five hundred pages.
- We must be as courteous to a man as we are to a picture, which we are willing to give the advantage of a good light.
Have you checked out
this fun item?
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here